Ambassador and Board Social Media Guide
Social Media is a powerful tool that has the potential to spread the word about your parish's, school's, or nonprofit ministry's mission to more people. And while it’s a convenient way to get your message out there, it does still take strategy, planning, and teamwork to make sure your messages are seen by the right people at the right time. One of the easiest ways to make your social media content more powerful is to recruit Social Media Champions, such as board members, students, parents, grandparents, or other volunteers, who will like, share, and post their own content on behalf of your parish, school, or nonprofit ministry.
When you post something on social media, it is only seen by those who already subscribe to your organization. However when someone other than your organization interacts with that content or creates and shares content of their own, your reach can expand exponentially! Your Social Media Champions should be passionate about your mission and excited to help you promote #iGiveCatholic! Sharing these tips and sample messages with your Social Media Champions and ambassadors can help you promote your #iGiveCatholic Giving Day!
Share the story of why your parish, school, or nonprofit ministry matters to you and why you are passionate about their mission. People respond better to someone’s personal experience than a generic ask. Pull at their heartstrings and show them why this is a cause worth caring about.
Tip #2Put your money where your mouth is! If you are already planning on donating to your parish, school, or nonprofit ministry on #iGiveCatholic, consider setting some of that money aside to motivate your network to take part in the fun. Offer to pray for every individual who shares your social media posts gets - or for every new donor that makes a donation! Get creative and have fun!
Whenever the parish, school, or nonprofit ministry you are supporting posts content on their social media page, you can help to make that post go the extra mile by liking it or sharing it with your own friends. It’s a quick and easy way to make sure more people are seeing those messages and learning how they can support their mission.
Collaborate with other Social Media Champions! Interacting with other ambassadors or supporters on social media can be a great way to have an organic conversation about the parish, school, or nonprofit ministry that also promotes the organization's cause and your participation in #iGiveCatholic! Don’t be afraid to use that @mention to promote a little friendly competition either!
Set a weekly quota for yourself to make sure that you’re staying connected and helping your parish, school, or ministry reach their goals. Our team of fundraising experts recommends at least one original post every week as well as several likes and shares to make sure that no one misses a beat this #iGiveCatholic!
Don’t forget to use #hashtags in your posts! Hashtags are a great way to be a part of the conversation and get your message out there to more people. Whether it’s #hashtags that represent your cause like #PriestlyFormation or #CatholicEducation or #hashtags that promote the event #iGiveCatholic or #iGiveCatholic on #GivingTuesday - using hashtags is the perfect way to engage with more people throughout the great social network!
Sample Social Media Posts
- Follow [@ ORG NAME] on Twitter for live updates throughout #iGiveCatholic!
- I am proud to support [@ ORG NAME] on #iGiveCatholic to help them transform lives in our [ARCHDIOCESE OR DIOCESE]!#iGiveCatholic
- Will you "give Catholic" on #GivingTuesday? Support [@ORG NAME] on #iGiveCatholic!
- I can’t wait to support [@ORG NAME] on Dec 3 for #iGiveCatholic! Will you join me in transforming lives in our [ARCHDIOCESE OR DIOCESE]?
- Help [@ ORG NAME] reach their goal of [GOAL] by giving on #iGiveCatholic!
- How much good can we do in 24 hours? Find out on Dec 3 for #iGiveCatholic!
- Don’t forget to head to www.iGiveCatholic.org to support [@ORG NAME] during #iGiveCatholic on #GivingTuesday!
- On Dec 3 I am proud to support [ORG NAME] during #iGiveCatholic on #GivingTuesday in an effort to raise awareness for [YOUR CAUSE/MISSION] and transform lives in our [ARCHDIOCESE OR DIOCESE]. Join me in making a difference in Catholic Community!
- On Dec 3 I will be joining [ORG NAME] to celebrate #iGiveCatholic - an online giving day for faithful stewards to come together, celebrate our Catholic heritage, and give back to all of the amazing parishes, schools, and nonprofit ministries that have an impact in Catholic Community and beyond! Head to www.iGiveCatholic.org to learn more.
- Have you liked [ORG NAME] on Facebook yet? If you haven’t you’re missing out! With #iGiveCatholic right around the corner you’ll want to check out their page to see the impact donors will have on [CAUSE/MISSION] and our Catholic community.
- Save the date! Dec 3 is the #iGiveCatholic Giving Day, and I can’t wait to support [ORG NAME] and all of the great work they do in our [ARCHDIOCESE OR DIOCESE].
- Still don’t know which organizations to support on #iGiveCatholic? I’ve got a few ideas for you! Check out [ORG NAME] to see all of the incredible ways your contribution will transform lives in our [ARCHDIOCESE OR DIOCESE] during the #iGiveCatholic Giving Day on Dec 3!
- Friends, with only [X TIME] until #iGiveCatholic, will you join me in supporting [ORG NAME] on Dec 3? Every donation makes a difference for [MISSION/CAUSE]. Help me and [ORG NAME] support the good work of our [ARCHDIOCESE OR DIOCESE]!
- #iGiveCatholic is here! Over the next 24 hours, generous donors in Catholic Community will come together to support all of the incredible parishes, schools, and nonprofit ministries. Today I am proud to support [ORG NAME] by helping them promote their mission to impact [CAUSE/MISSION] in our [ARCHDIOCESE OR DIOCESE].